The Newz Radar
SHIMLA: The heavy rains have wreaked havoc in various parts of Himachal Pradesh with losses worth over Rs 300 crore being reported already even as the monsoon is still in its initial phase.
In Shimla, several important roads have been blocked due to landslides and falling of trees. The Annadale road is closed near the Vidhan Sabha and the Tutikandi road is shut near the HRTC petrol pump. The Shimla-Bilaspur road has been blocked too.
The rail traffic has been stopped on the UNESCO World Heritage Kalka-Shimla line due to falling of trees and debris on the track. The following roads have been affected in Shimla due to heavy rains:
• The road is blocked due to landslide between Tawi Mor and Tutu; one-way traffic restored.
• Tree has fallen between Tutikandi crossing and ISBT; one-way traffic restored.
• A landslide has occurred near Kumar House on the road from Vidhan Sabha to Annandale, road blocked.
• Mehli-Junga road blocked for traffic due to falling of trees on the road near Mehli.
• Landslide happening from under the iron bridge near Ghandal on Shimla-Manali National Highway-205, due to which the traffic on the bridge is being moved one-way.
Shimla police advisory to use following routes for travel:
• Only vehicles going from Shimla towards Arki, Shalaghat, Bilaspur, Hamirpur, Kangra, Mandi will pass through the iron bridge built near Ghandal.
• Vehicles coming from Arki, Shalaghat, Bilaspur, Hamirpur, Kangra, Mandi towards Shimla will use Bangora (Galog), Kalihatti, Nalhatti, Haridevi, Ghanahatti road.
•National Highway-5 Theog iron bridge built between electricity department office and hospital will remain closed for all types of loaded trucks; the bridge will remain open for other traffic. The bridge will be reopened for heavy traffic after the weather becomes normal.
•Narkanda-Nankhari road blocked for traffic due to landslide near Bathnal.
• Only one-way traffic functional on Shimla-Rampur National Highway at Barubagh near Narkanda due to falling of a tree; work to open the road in progress.
• Chopal-Shimla road open for traffic while many link roads of Chopal blocked.
•Shimla-Solan National Highway open for traffic.